The president of the Syracuse University Alumni Association resigned his position last week to protest the university's failure to put a representative of the association on the search committee looking for the replacement for Chancellor Nancy Cantor, The Syracuse Post-Standard reported. Brian Spector, the alumni leader, said he considered it "unacceptable" that the search committee lacked an official alumni representative. Richard L. Thompson, chair of the Syracuse board, noted that many of the search committee members are alumni. But he added that "no member of the chancellor search committee was appointed to represent any particular organization."
- Syracuse U. curbs work with program to help urban youth attend college
- More Than a Mascot
- Syracuse explores new medical school in push to become a more prestigious research university
- New Approach to Tenure
- Cantor supports Rubio-Wyden salary disclosure act, criticizes funding for political science research
- 'Grossing Up': Equity or Bias?
- A Faculty (Led) Search
- Colleges announce commencement speakers
Search for Jobs