A student at St. Louis Community College was arrested Wednesday for a "violent" threat against the financial aid office, authorities said, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported. The Twitter message said that she was so frustrated with the financial aid office that she wanted to kill someone. The tweet didn't name an individual. College officials discovered the post through regular monitoring of social media about the college.
- Quick Takes: $850,000 Awarded in Harassment Suit, Newspaper Adviser Regains Job, Governor Attacks Harvard for Khatami Invite, Bias Seen in British Salaries, Academic Purge Sought in Iran
- Quick Takes: Supreme Court Refuses Appeal on Tissue Ownership, Dartmouth Replaces Loans With Grants, Archibishop vs. Coach, Hunger Strike Ends
- Quick Takes: Mo. Governor Wants to Sell Loan Agency, Did Donation Help Residency Applicant at Irvine?, Student Group Sues Education Dept., Seton Hall's Typo Sends Applicants to Phone Sex Line
- (Alleged) Crime and (Delayed) Punishment?
- Quick Takes: Contentious Search Collapses at Monroe CC, More Charges at WVU, Turning Their Backs on Schlafly, Baylor President's Future, Political Scientists Reconsider Site of Meeting, Rosemont Considers Admitting Men, RPI Extends Aid, Guns at Calvin
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories