David R. Pierce, a longtime community college administrator who led the American Association of Community Colleges during the formative decade of the 1990s, died last week. Pierce was a mathematics instructor who went on to lead North Iowa Area Community College, the Illinois Community College Board and the Virginia Community College System, before becoming president and CEO of the nation's primary association of community colleges, which he led from 1991-2000. Details on his accomplishments can be found here.
- Essay on the final semester of finishing a Ph.D.
- To see how liberal arts grads really fare, report examines long-term data
- Groups Condemn Removal of Professor's Email Account
- UArctic attempts to promote research, teaching collaboration across the universities of the region
- Consumer Advocacy Group Calls for Tighter Oversight of Sallie Mae, Other Loan Servicers
- Ohio Northern wants students to consider the cost of changing majors
- Rasmussen Changes Its Corporate Status
- Review of Robert J. Thompson Jr., 'Beyond Reason and Tolerance: The Purpose and Practice of Higher Education'
Search for Jobs