A total of 370 colleges and universities met the federal definition of "Hispanic-serving institution" in 2012-13, up from 356 the previous year, Excelencia in Education said in its annual analysis of the fast-growing sector of higher education. The group reported that about 60 percent of all Latino students were enrolled in such institutions, and that the colleges and universities were heavily concentrated geographically, with more than 80 percent of them located in five states.
- Latino Students and Colleges
- National Hispanic U.'s teach-out raises questions about Hispanic student market
- The Emerging Hispanic-Serving Institution
- Clearing a Path for Latino Scientists
- 'The Latino Education Crisis'
- Models of Success With Latino Students
- Recalculating Latino STEM Success
- Sotomayor and Our Future
Search for Jobs