An investigation of Doug Wojcik, the men's basketball coach at the College of Charleston, found that he engaged in bullying behavior, berating players with obscenities and physical threats, The Post and Courier reported. The college has said it is studying the report amid calls for Wojcik's dismissal.
The coach gave this statement to the newspaper: "I'm sincerely remorseful and apologize to those I've hurt. I've already started making amends and working on correcting my actions. The college and I are grateful these concerns were brought to our attention, and every effort will be made to improve relations between myself and members of the men's basketball program."
- New Job for Professor Fired After Photo Ran on Beer Can
- After Probe, College of Charleston Fires Basketball Coach
- NCAA, Republican lawmakers back Northwestern's appeal of football player union
- Academic Minute: Exploring Exoplanets
- ITT's federal compliance scramble differs from Corinthian's shut down
- The Sloan Consortium renames itself the Online Learning Consortium
- Essay on how academics can think like entrepreneurs
- Supreme Court orders government not to require Wheaton College to fill out form on health insurance coverage
Search for Jobs