Oregon Health and Science University on Monday announced an anonymous $100 million gift. The funds will support, among other things, the hiring 20 to 30 top scientists and their teams to improve methods to identify cancer at its earliest and most curable stages.
- Quick Takes: SMU Faculty Splits on Bush Center, More Scrutiny on Lender, Ex-Instructor Admits Fraud, Open Source Project, Study on Possible Alumni Cancer Cluster, GAO on Overhead, $100M for Psychiatric Research, Nobel Theft, Booze and Vomit at Cambridge
- Quick Takes: Clinton's Latest Plans, Progress for Latino Students, Noose on Prof's Door, Nobel in Chemistry, Contract Approved in Pa., Vote of No Confidence at Antioch, Minority Football Hiring, $2B Plan in Mass., $100M for MIT, UK Science Faulted
- Quick Takes: Replies on Earmarks, $100M for Yeshiva, Universities Praise Picks for Panel, Strike Suspended at Eastern Michigan, Elite Colleges Urged to Diversify High Schools, Grants for Black Colleges, Stanford Bans Drug Company Gifts, Hack at MIT
- Quick Takes: Opposition to Boycott of Israel, Cash for Grades, New Alcorn Chief Has Leukemia, VP Asked to Leave Following Arrest, Mugabe's Endangered Doctorate, Journalism on Community Colleges, Science Ed Benchmarks, $100M for Washington and Lee
- Quick Takes: 2 DUI Arrests for President of Mary Washington, Investors Sue Charleston Southern, Adding Liberal Arts to Business, Showdown in West Virginia, Gains Seen From Tax Break, $100M for Virginia, The 'Eurocommuter' Student
- Quick Takes: More Criticism of Brandeis, Strike Ends at Canada's York U., Colleges Spent $100M on Lobbying U.S., Reforms Urged for Medical Education, Strategies for Remedial Ed, NSF's Porn Problem
- Quick Takes: More Presidents Sign Climate Pledge, New Bids to Kill and Save Chief Illiniwek, $100M for Scholarships at UNC, Harvard's Loss Could Be U. of Washington's Gain, $75M for Stanford, Anti-War Protests, Has MIT Lost Sense of Humor?
- Quick Takes: N.Y. Passes Lender-College Law, New Orleans Colleges Report Good Admissions Season, Rules Proposed for Military Recruiting on Campuses, Leadership Changes at Ohio U., $100M for U. of the Pacific, Pledge on Environmental Research
Search for Jobs