April 10, 2012
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2012:
- Angelo State University: Kevin Carroll, a former Nike executive.
- Austin College: Stan Fornea, chaplain for the White House Military Office.
- Bryn Mawr College: Mary Robinson, former president of Ireland.
- Campbellsville University: Gary Cox, president of the Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges and Universities in Kentucky.
- Colgate University: Mark H. Murphy, president and CEO of the Green Bay Packers.
- Greensboro College: Joey Cheek, an Olympic athlete and humanitarian activist.
- John Carroll University: Charles M. Geschke, chairman of the board and co-founder of Adobe Systems, Inc.
- Prince George's Community College: Danette Howard, interim secretary of higher education of Maryland.
- Quinnipiac University: Nancy Brinker, founder and CEO of the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation, and Stephen Schwarzman, chairman, CEO and co-founder of the financial services firm Blackstone.
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston: Lalla Essaydi, the artist.
- Tufts University: Eric Greitens, the humanitarian and author.
- University of Indianapolis: John Lechleiter, CEO of Eli Lilly & Co., and Joe Kernan, former governor of Indiana.
- University of Kansas: Alan Mulally, president and chief executive officer of Ford Motor Company.
- Wentworth Institute of Technology: Carole Cornelison, commissioner of the Division of Capital Asset Management for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
What Others Are Reading