May 7, 2013
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Arizona State University: General Martin E. Dempsey, chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff.
- Baruch College of the City University of New York: Gillian Tett, the journalist.
- Edinboro University: Muriel A. Howard, president of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities.
- Georgia State University: Chris Hughes, editor-in-chief and publisher of The New Republic.
- Harvey Mudd College: Carl Wieman, professor of physics and director of the Carl Wieman Science Education Initiative at the University of British Columbia.
- Mesa Community College: Maria Hesse, vice provost for academic partnerships at Arizona State University.
- Mount Aloysius College: Patricia R. Rooney, wife of Dan Rooney, former ambassador to Ireland, and Pittsburgh Steeler owner.
- National Intelligence University: James R. Clapper, director of national intelligence.
- Richard Bland College: Kyung Hee Kim, associate professor of educational psychology at the College of William and Mary.
- Saint Mary's College of California: Troy Nunley, a California judge; and Bob Ladouceur, former head football coach for De La Salle High School.
- Springfield College: Senator Elizabeth Warren, Democrat of Massachusetts.
- St. Louis College of Pharmacy: Henri Manasse Jr., professor and dean emeritus at the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy.
- Stonehill College: Sheri S. McCoy, CEO of Avon Products.
- Tuskegee University: Tom Vilsack, the U.S. secretary of agriculture.
- Washington and Lee University: Robert A. Strong, interim provost and William Lyne Wilson Professor of Politics at the university.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading