May 7, 2013
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Arizona State University: General Martin E. Dempsey, chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff.
- Baruch College of the City University of New York: Gillian Tett, the journalist.
- Edinboro University: Muriel A. Howard, president of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities.
- Georgia State University: Chris Hughes, editor-in-chief and publisher of The New Republic.
- Harvey Mudd College: Carl Wieman, professor of physics and director of the Carl Wieman Science Education Initiative at the University of British Columbia.
- Mesa Community College: Maria Hesse, vice provost for academic partnerships at Arizona State University.
- Mount Aloysius College: Patricia R. Rooney, wife of Dan Rooney, former ambassador to Ireland, and Pittsburgh Steeler owner.
- National Intelligence University: James R. Clapper, director of national intelligence.
- Richard Bland College: Kyung Hee Kim, associate professor of educational psychology at the College of William and Mary.
- Saint Mary's College of California: Troy Nunley, a California judge; and Bob Ladouceur, former head football coach for De La Salle High School.
- Springfield College: Senator Elizabeth Warren, Democrat of Massachusetts.
- St. Louis College of Pharmacy: Henri Manasse Jr., professor and dean emeritus at the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy.
- Stonehill College: Sheri S. McCoy, CEO of Avon Products.
- Tuskegee University: Tom Vilsack, the U.S. secretary of agriculture.
- Washington and Lee University: Robert A. Strong, interim provost and William Lyne Wilson Professor of Politics at the university.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
What Others Are Reading