May 16, 2013
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Babson College: Patrick Awuah Jr., founder and president of Ashesi University College, in Ghana; and Kip Tindell, chairman and CEO of the Container Store.
- Chicago Theological Seminary: Ray Suarez, a senior correspondent with "PBS NewsHour."
- Fashion Institute of Technology: Fern Mallis, who created New York Fashion Week, and Rebecca Minkoff, the designer.
- LaGuardia Community College: Lloyd Blankfein, the chairman and CEO of the Goldman Sachs Group.
- Pace University: Vartan Gregorian, president of Carnegie Corporation of New York; Joel I. Klein, CEO of Amplify; Michael Clinton, publishing executive at Hearst Magazines; and Malachy E. Mannion, a U.S. district court judge.
- Pitzer College: Jon Lovett, former speechwriter for President Obama and co-creator of the NBC show "1600 Penn."
- Polytechnic Institute of New York University: S. James Gates Jr., the John S. Toll Professor and director of the Center for String and Particle Theory at the University of Maryland at College Park.
- Randolph-Macon College: Katie Couric, host of "Katie."
- University of Maryland at College Park: Cal Ripken, the former Baltimore Oriole player.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading