The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2014:
- Baldwin Wallace University: Mark Shapiro, president of the Cleveland Indians, and William T. Hiller, executive director of the Martha Holden Jennings Foundation.
- Cabrini College: Lisa Johnson Nutter, president of Philadelphia Academies, Inc., and Michael O’Neill, co-founder and chair of the Philadelphia School Partnership.
- Central Community College, in Nebraska: J. Noah Brown, president and chief executive officer of the Association of Community College Trustees.
- Fayetteville State University: Donald Reaves, chancellor at Winston-Salem State University.
Middlebury College: Diana Nyad, the swimmer.Diana Nyad
- Miami University, in Ohio: Forest Whitaker, the actor.
- Morehouse College: Jeh C. Johnson, secretary of homeland security.
- Roger Williams University: Governor Lincoln D. Chafee of Rhode Island.
- Saint Anselm College: Bob Schieffer, anchor and moderator of "Face the Nation."
- Thomas University: Major General (Retired) Bernard “Burn” Loeffke.
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute: Bernard Amadei, founder of Engineers Without Borders-USA, and co-founder of the Engineers Without Borders-International Network.