April 6, 2015
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2015:
- Anna Maria College: The Reverend John F. Madden, pastor of St. John Parish in Worcester, Mass.
- Bates College: Manjul Bhargava, the R. Brandon Fradd Professor of Mathematics at Princeton University and the Stieltjes Professor of Number Theory at Leiden University, in the Netherlands.
- Hartwick College: Stephen L. Green, founder and chairman of S. L. Green Realty Corporation.
- Lawrence University: U.S. Representative John Lewis.
- Morgan State University: Graca Machel, a humanitarian and political leader and the widow of Nelson Mandela, the former South African president.
- Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine: Victoria Sweet, associate clinical professor of medicine and history at the University of California at San Francisco.
- Salt Lake Community College: Jessica Jackley, co-founder of Kiva, the global microlending organization.
- San Jacinto College: Captain Brian Penoyer, commander of the U.S. Coast Guard for the Houston-Galveston sector.
- Scripps College: Sarah Kay, the poet and performer.
- University of Arizona: Jon Huntsman, former governor of Utah and former U.S. ambassador to China.
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst: Neil deGrasse Tyson, director of the Hayden Planetarium in New York City.
- University of South Alabama: Richard Lapchick, the sports sociologist, and U.S. Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus.
- Washington University in St. Louis: Ken Burns, the filmmaker.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
What Others Are Reading