May 10, 2016
The following colleges have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2016:
- Arkansas State University: U.S. Senator John Boozman.
- Ashland University: Hugh Hewitt, lawyer, law professor and broadcast journalist.
- Butler Community College: Lynn Tincher-Ladner, president and CEO of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.
- Clarion University: Stephen Tweed, CEO of Leading Home Care.
- Kettering University: Laura Sullivan, professor of mechanical engineering at the university.
- LaGuardia Community College of City University of New York: Melinda Katz, Queens borough president.
- Lehigh University: Joseph R. Perella, founding partner and chairman of Perella Weinberg Partners.
- Lynn University: Lisa Gangel Kerney, an anchor at ESPN.
- Macalester College: Danai Gurira, the actress and playwright; and Gary D. Hines, the music director and producer.
- Marist College: Garry Trudeau, the “Doonesbury” cartoonist; and Michael O’Looney, a communications executive.
- Niagara University: Bret Stephens, deputy editorial page editor for The Wall Street Journal; and others.
- Oberlin College: Jessye Norman, the opera singer.
- University of Maryland Baltimore County: Drew Gilpin Faust, president of Harvard University.
- University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth: Robert Pinsky, the former U.S. poet laureate, and others.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
What Others Are Reading