A federal judge has ordered a former professor who sued the University of Nevada at Reno, Hussein S. Hussein, and his former lawyer to pay the state $1.2 million for costs associated with lawsuits filed after Hussein lost his job, The Reno Gazette-Journal reported. The judge's ruling said: “Dr. Hussein should be required to pay defendants fees because he transformed what could have and should have been a straightforward employment matter into a full-scale assault against nearly everyone who crossed his path at the university." Hussein couldn't be reached for comment.
- Quick Takes: New Mexico Highlands Settles With Ex-Professor, 'Cyberinfrastructure' in Humanities and Social Sciences, Mich. Supreme Court Shields University Documents, Israel Accuses Akron Professor of Spying, Affirmative Action at Oxford
- Quick Takes: Loyalty Oath Compromise, Sudden Departure at Miss. State, Athletic Realities, Physicist Wins House Seat, Whistle Blower Accused of Plagiarism, Short Story Leads to Guns, MIT and Carleton Expand Aid, Lender Layoffs, Rankings Parody
- Quick Takes: How Community College Students Start, More Aid From Harvard Med School, Another Direct Lending Convert, New Leader for AUB, Mixed Verdict on Reno Prof, Land Deal and Tenure, Science Agenda for the Candidates, Korean-Americans in Korea
- Some Nevada faculty question state's decision to reinstate merit pay without ending furloughs
- A Healthy Partnership?
- New Presidents or Provosts: Argosy U.-Chicago, Florida A
- New Presidents or Provosts: Butte College, Columbus College of Art
- New Presidents Provosts LSU Richland Bedfordshire UIndy Maine-Farmington Presque Isle Nevada-Reno
Search for Jobs