Winners of Bancroft Prize Announced
March 19, 2013
Columbia University on Monday announced two winners of the Bancroft Prize for books about history. The winners are:
- W. Jeffrey Bolster, associate professor of history at the University of New Hampshire, for The Mortal Sea: Fishing the Atlantic in the Age of Sail (Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, 2012).
- John Fabian Witt, Allen H. Duffy Class of 1960 Professor of Law at Yale University, for Lincoln’s Code: The Laws of War in American History (Free Press, 2012).
- NHA speakers implore humanities scholars to fight for their fields
- 3 Historians Win Bancroft Honor
- Daniels Begins Cost-Cutting at Purdue
- Thunderbird and Laureate Team to Create Global Campuses and Programs
- Med School Agrees to End Bias Against Students With Hepatitis B
- Law School Offers 'Assured Outcomes'
- Essay on the people who made one student welcome at a university
- Study suggests bias to blame for scientific advisory board gender gap
Search for Jobs
La Plata, MD
PILANI, RAJASTHAN, India
Rock Hill, SC
An intellectual destination One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, The University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking...
Moraine Valley Community College is dedicated to ensuring our students gain the knowledge and skills needed to meet the demands of a changing world...