- Accreditation crisis hits City College of San Francisco
- U.S. Panel Recommends Continued Recognition for 2-Year-College Accreditor
- Fight over San Francisco's community college heats up again
- Accreditor votes to shut down San Francisco's community college in 1 year
- Accreditation issues, practical and philosophical, on display in D.C.
The City of San Francisco announced Thursday that it is suing the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, charging it with using inappropriate measures in evaluating City College of San Francisco, The San Francisco Chronicle reported. The commission has announced plans to revoke the college's accreditation next year. The suit argues, among other things, that the commission was punishing the college for its opposition to budget cuts at a time that commission leaders agreed with state officials that cuts were appropriate. Commission officials could not be reached for comment, but they have denied that they treated the college unfairly.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories