A new report from the Center for American Progress profiles 13 students who are enrolled in a range of competency-based degree programs at seven different institutions. Lawmakers are showing interest in competency-based education of late. In an effort to help shape policies that might emerge, the report tries to uncover commonalities between the students' experiences. It also features several policy recommendations, such as a call for standards of quality and experimentation with financial aid rules.
- Lumina-funded group seeks to lead conversation on competency-based education
- Northern Arizona University's new competency-based degrees and transcripts
- New competency-based programs at Lipscomb could be model for liberal arts colleges
- Accreditors' role in the expansion of competency-based education
- Barriers to competency-based education may be lifting, panel says
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories