Kent State University has suspended a wrestler from its team after he used anti-gay slurs on Twitter to talk about this week's news that a college football star came out as gay. While the Twitter comments have been removed, they were saved on the website Outrage DC and show Sam Wheeler, the wrestler writing about "that fag from mizzou." Jim Andrassy, head wrestling coach at the university issued this statement: "As an alum of Kent State University and as Sam’s head coach, I was surprised and offended by what I read on Twitter. I have spoken to Sam personally, and while he is remorseful, he will be suspended indefinitely while we determine the best course of action moving forward."
- Video shows Rutgers basketball coach assaulting players and using slurs
- Quick Takes: Harvard's Shortlist, Anti-Gay Slurs on Dead Pledge, Layoffs at Southern Oregon, Undercover Applicants to Britain, Court Grants Immunity to Miami U. Officers, Jaywalking Arrest Investigated
- Quick Takes: Layoffs at Xavier U. of La., Georgia Press Withdraws Short Story Collection, Seton Hall Demotes Assistant Dean for Criticizing Church's Anti-Gay Stance, Jail Terms in Chico Hazing Death, Anti-Gay Comment Divides Duquesne
- Federal judge rejects community college's arguments against anti-gay leaflets
- Quick Takes: Stanford Professor Sues Over Horowitz Book, $100M for Supercomputing at RPI, Fines Over 'Brokeback' Hazing, No More Flags at UT-Arlington, Legendary Student Avoids Graduation Again
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories