The massive open online course provider edX announced a new open-source platform on Friday: Edraak, an online education platform for Arabic-speaking students. The Queen Rania Foundation for Education and Development, which promotes efforts to strengthen education in Jordan, will use Open edX, the MOOC provider's open-source platform, to feature select courses translated into Arabic. As the platform grows, faculty members in Arabic-speaking countries will contribute their own courses. The creation of Edraak follows expansion initiatives in France and China.
Note: This article has been updated to clarify that Edraak is an independent platform, not an edX consortium.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology names edX key component in educational strategy
- EdX and Google to develop open-source MOOC platform
- Blackboard buys Moodlerooms, creates open-source division
- Next Step for Blackboard and Open Source
- Online education platform EdCast puts universities in charge of their content
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories