The massive open online course provider edX announced a new open-source platform on Friday: Edraak, an online education platform for Arabic-speaking students. The Queen Rania Foundation for Education and Development, which promotes efforts to strengthen education in Jordan, will use Open edX, the MOOC provider's open-source platform, to feature select courses translated into Arabic. As the platform grows, faculty members in Arabic-speaking countries will contribute their own courses. The creation of Edraak follows expansion initiatives in France and China.
Note: This article has been updated to clarify that Edraak is an independent platform, not an edX consortium.
- Psy draws a crowd in the classroom
- Survey finds increases in international enrollments, study abroad
- Academic Minute: Technology of the Terminator
- Mixed ruling in athletes' likeness lawsuit against the NCAA
- Two U.S. Representatives Criticize Accreditor
- Student's video leads to discussion of race at UCLA
- Evan Dobelle Quits Westfield State Presidency
- Eastern Michigan Fires Football Coach After Tirade
Search for Jobs