March 23, 2012
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2012:
- Baldwin-Wallace College: Christopher M. Connor, chairman and chief executive officer of the Sherwin-Williams Company (undergraduate ceremony), and Thomas G. Bordenkircher, associate vice chancellor of academic quality and assurance with the Ohio Board of Regents (graduate ceremony).
- Clark College: J.R. Martinez, a U.S. Army veteran who has recounted his life story as an actor, performer and motivational speaker.
- Hamilton College: A.G. Lafley, former chairman and CEO of the Procter & Gamble Co.
- McDaniel College: Nancy S. Grasmick, Maryland's former superintendent of schools, and Edwin Welch, president of the University of Charleston in West Virginia.
- Northcentral University: Christopher Gardner, the American entrepreneur, investor, stockbroker and motivational speaker.
- Pomona College: Cameron Munter, the U.S. Ambassador to Pakistan.
- Regent University: U.S. Representative Michele Bachmann, a Minnesota Republican.
- Salve Regina University: Howard G. Sutton II, publisher, president and chief executive officer of the Providence Journal Company.
- State University of New York at Delhi: H. Carl McCall, chairman of the SUNY Board of Trustees.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign: Cokie Roberts, political commentator for ABC News.
- Vassar College: Leymah Gbowee, a Liberian social worker, women’s rights advocate, and peace activist who was a recipient of the 2011 Nobel Peace Prize.
- Westminster College: Bruce Bastian, a computer programmer, businessman, philanthropist and social activist.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading