March 23, 2012
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2012:
- Baldwin-Wallace College: Christopher M. Connor, chairman and chief executive officer of the Sherwin-Williams Company (undergraduate ceremony), and Thomas G. Bordenkircher, associate vice chancellor of academic quality and assurance with the Ohio Board of Regents (graduate ceremony).
- Clark College: J.R. Martinez, a U.S. Army veteran who has recounted his life story as an actor, performer and motivational speaker.
- Hamilton College: A.G. Lafley, former chairman and CEO of the Procter & Gamble Co.
- McDaniel College: Nancy S. Grasmick, Maryland's former superintendent of schools, and Edwin Welch, president of the University of Charleston in West Virginia.
- Northcentral University: Christopher Gardner, the American entrepreneur, investor, stockbroker and motivational speaker.
- Pomona College: Cameron Munter, the U.S. Ambassador to Pakistan.
- Regent University: U.S. Representative Michele Bachmann, a Minnesota Republican.
- Salve Regina University: Howard G. Sutton II, publisher, president and chief executive officer of the Providence Journal Company.
- State University of New York at Delhi: H. Carl McCall, chairman of the SUNY Board of Trustees.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign: Cokie Roberts, political commentator for ABC News.
- Vassar College: Leymah Gbowee, a Liberian social worker, women’s rights advocate, and peace activist who was a recipient of the 2011 Nobel Peace Prize.
- Westminster College: Bruce Bastian, a computer programmer, businessman, philanthropist and social activist.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
What Others Are Reading