September 11, 2012
- Andrew C. Comrie, dean of the graduate college and associate vice president for research at the University of Arizona, has been selected as senior vice president for academic affairs and provost there.
- Danny O. Jacobs, the David C. Sabiston Jr. Professor and chair of surgery at Duke University Medical Center, has been appointed executive vice president and provost, and dean of the School of Medicine at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston.
- Gopinath Pradhan, director of School of Social Sciences and professor of economics at the Indira Gandhi National Open University, in India, has been named vice chancellor there.
- Elwood L. Robinson, dean of the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences at North Carolina Central University, has been named provost and vice president of academic affairs at Cambridge College, in Massachusetts.
- Steven J. Scheinman, professor of medicine and pharmacology and former senior vice president at SUNY Upstate Medical University, in New York, has been chosen as president and dean at the Commonwealth Medical College, in Pennsylvania.
- Stephanie Shanblatt, provost and senior vice president of academic affairs at Lansing Community College, in Michigan, has been selected as president of Bucks County Community College, in Pennsylvania.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading