November 6, 2012
- Sonya Christian, vice president and chief academic officer at Lane Community College, in Oregon, has been selected as president of Bakersfield College, in California.
- José L. Cruz, vice president for higher education policy and practice at the Education Trust, in Washington, D.C., has been appointed provost and vice president for academic affairs at California State University at Fullerton.
- R. Michael Flores, interim vice president of academic affairs at Palo Alto College, in Texas, has been promoted to president there.
- Javier Miyares, acting president of the University of Maryland University College, has been chosen as president there.
- Chris Whaley, vice president of student learning and chief academic officer at Roane State Community College, in Tennessee, has been promoted to president there.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading