May 10, 2013
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Clatsop Community College: Ted Wheeler, Oregon state treasurer.
- Concordia College, in Minnesota: Roxana Saberi, author and human rights advocate.
- Dartmouth College: Geoffrey Canada, president of Harlem Children’s Zone.
- Eckerd College: Bill McKibben, the environmental activist.
- Elmhurst College: Linda Marshall, a telecommunications consultant.
- Lehman College of the City University of New York: Frances Beinecke, president of the Natural Resources Defense Council.
- Marist College: Ernie Anastos, a New York City news anchor, and Lisa Marie Cathie, president and CEO of Ulster Savings Bank.
- Mississippi Valley State University: U.S. Representative Bennie G. Thompson, Democrat from Mississippi.
- Montgomery College, in Maryland: Norman R. Augustine, retired chairman and CEO of the Lockheed Martin Corporation.
- Northeastern Illinois University: Donna Brazile, vice chair of the Democratic National Committee.
- Saint Martin's University: The Rev. J. Peter Sartain, archbishop of Seattle.
- Santa Fe University of Art and Design: Godfrey Reggio, the filmmaker.
- Truman State University: Paul L. Gaston III, Trustees Professor at Kent State University.
- University of New Haven: Ted Kennedy Jr., a lawyer and advocate for people with disabilities, and U.S. Senator Christopher Murphy, Democrat from Connecticut.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
What Others Are Reading