March 25, 2014
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2014:
- Berkeley College: Camelia M. Valdes, Passaic County prosecutor.
- California State University at Fullerton: U.S. Representative Loretta Sanchez.
- Daemen College: John Catsimatidis, owner and CEO of Gristedes Foods and the Red Apple Group.
- Fashion Institute of Technology: Bobbi Brown, a beauty industry entrepreneur, and Christian Louboutin, the footwear designer.
- Franklin & Marshall College: George Stephanopoulos, and anchor of ABC's "Good Morning America."
- Lesley University: Lois Lowry, author of The Giver, and Priya Manickchand, Guyana’s minister of education.
- Meredith College: Susan Mboya, Zawadi Africa founder and a Coca-Cola executive.
- Pomona College: Valerie B. Jarrett, senior advisor to President Obama.
- Randolph College: Edward L. Ayers, president of the University of Richmond.
- Seattle Pacific University: Marian Wright Edelman, founder and president of the Children’s Defense Fund.
- Tulane University: Wynton Marsalis, the musician.
- University of California at Irvine: President Obama.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading