May 7, 2015
- Seth Carter, associate director for career and technical education for the Kansas Board of Regents, has been named president of Colby Community College, in Kansas.
- Elaine Collins, dean and chief operating officer of the College of Education at Grand Valley State University, in Michigan, has been chosen as president of Johnson State College, in Vermont.
- Jonathan C. Gibralter, president of Frostburg State University, in Maryland, has been selected as president of Wells College, in New York.
- Michael A. Grandillo, interim vice president at St. Mary’s College of Maryland and a consultant with the Registry for College and University Presidents, has been appointed president of Madonna University, in Michigan.
- James T. Harris III, president of Widener University, in Pennsylvania, has been chosen as president of the University of San Diego, in California.
- Farnam Jahanian, vice president of research at Carnegie Mellon University, in Pennsylvania, has been promoted to provost there.
- Lin Jianhua, president of Zhejiang University, in China, has been selected as president of Peking University.
- Kina S. Mallard, executive vice president and provost at Carson-Newman University, in Tennessee, has been named president of Reinhardt University, in Georgia.
- Daniel J. Myers, vice president and associate provost for faculty affairs at the University of Notre Dame, has been appointed as provost at Marquette University.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading