April 15, 2016
The following colleges have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2016:
- Alabama State University: Steve Harvey, the entertainer.
- Carnegie Mellon University: Earl Lewis, president of the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- Dartmouth College: Leymah Gbowee, the Nobel Peace Laureate and human rights activist.
- Drew University: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, the basketball player and activist.
- Howard University: President Barack Obama.
- Lafayette College: William D. Adams, chairman of the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- Rocky Vista University: Boyd Buser, vice president for health affairs and dean at the University of Pikeville-Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Roosevelt University: Pat Harris, global chief diversity officer and vice president of global community engagement at McDonald’s Corporation.
- Saint Leo University: Bob Buckhorn, mayor of Tampa, Fla.
- Shenandoah University: James Davis, president emeritus of the university, and Twesigye Jackson Kaguri, founder of the Nyaka AIDS Orphans Project.
- Springfield College: Timothy Shriver, chairman of the Special Olympics; and Mark Keroack, president and chief executive officer for Baystate Health, Baystate Medical Center, and chair of the Board of Directors for Health New England.
- Texas Tech University: W. Mark Lanier, the lawyer.
- University of Dallas: John L. Allen Jr., editor of the independent Roman Catholic news site Crux and senior Vatican analyst for CNN.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading