During NIU Cares Day last year, students at Northern Illinois University worked to clean up local schools and parks -- but some were also assigned to paint the home of the administrator who oversaw the event, The Chicago Tribune reported. Angela Dreessen, director of student involvement and leadership development, told the Tribune that it was a poor decision to include her house among the projects for students. The university announced that Dreessen was being reassigned, but said that the shift was unrelated to the questions raised about having students paint her home.
- 6 Killed in Northern Illinois Shooting
- Essay on being an administrator returning to the classroom
- What Does It Mean Not to Have an Office?
- Presidents on Allowances
- Ask the Administrator: Switching to a Single Income
- Typhoon Soudelor devastates Northern Mariana Islands community college
- Drama Mama: New Home
- Engaging Globally
Search for Jobs