The U.S. Education Department has told Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College, in Indiana, to repay $42 million in grant and loans funds that the agency says the college was not eligible to award, the Associated Press reported. The department said that the college classified many students as being in telecommunications courses when their proper category was correspondence courses. The aid and loan funds provided are not permitted at institutions with a large share of students in correspondence courses. College officials said that they had done nothing wrong and would challenge the finding.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Keuka College, Radford U., Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College, Sessions College for Professional Design, Xavier U. (Ohio)
- New Presidents or Provosts: Association of Commonwealth Universities, Babson College, Bloomsburg U. of Pennsylvania, Camden CC, Delta State U., Kendall College, McKendree U., Pacific U.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Argosy U. Atlanta, Houston CC, St.-Mary-of-the-Woods College, Southern College of Optometry, Syracuse U., U. of California at Merced
- New Presidents or Provosts: Oak Hills Christian College, Portland CC-Rock Creek Campus, Saint-Mary-of-the-Woods College, Southwestern Illinois College, Temple College, Texas Tech U., Wisconsin Lutheran College
- College endowment funds did well in the market in 2013
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories