Regent's College, a nonprofit British institution, has purchased for-profit American Intercontinental University London from the latter's owner, Career Education Corporation, Times Higher Education reported. The purchase is the first of its kind in Britain. Regent's will run American Intercontinental as a for-profit subsidiary initially but plans to subsume it within Regent's within a year.
- Guaranty agency buys most of crumbling for-profit Corinthian Colleges in U.S.
- Expansion for ETS
- Few for-profits have become nonprofits, despite regulatory environment
- College for Sale
- Quick Takes: Copyright Guidance Released, Loyola Announces Modest Post-Katrina Layoffs, $50 Million for Asbestos Cleanup, Probation for American InterContinental, N.Y. Accuses Interboro Institute, iPod Use Grows at Duke
- Don't Blame the Market
- Former student veteran earns grant and lands in Senate report
- Standing Up to 'Accreditation Shopping'
Search for Jobs