Chen Guangcheng, the Chinese dissident who claimed that he was forced from his fellowship at New York University because of pressure from Beijing (a claim the university has vigorously denied), has found a new academic home – well, three homes, actually. He will splitting his time between fellow and advisory positions at the Witherspoon Institute, a conservative think tank in New Jersey; the Catholic University of America's Institute for Policy Research and Catholic Studies; and the New Hampshire-based Lantos Foundation for Human Rights and Justice (named after the late Democratic Congressman Tom Lantos).
- Does China have too much influence over academe in the West?
- Threat to Online Learning -- From New York's Tax Department?
- New Programs: Dental Hygiene, Education, Forensics, Management, Neuroscience
- Newly Tenured ... at Bowdoin, Gettysburg, Williams
- Discrediting the "Model Minority" Stereotype
- Counseling and Chinese Culture
- Legitimation Crisis
- Universities 2030: Learning from the Past to Anticipate the Future
Search for Jobs