- Virginia governor reappoints controversial U.Va. board member
- UVa board poised to reappoint ousted president, but not without objection
- Trouble With Transparency
- U.Va. board tries to move past leadership controversy
- U.Va. board reinstates president Sullivan and prepares for strategic planning effort
With a vote by the House of Delegates Tuesday, both houses of the Virginia General Assembly have now confirmed Helen Dragas for another term on the University of Virginia board, The Richmond Times-Dispatch reported. Dragas was the leader of an effort last year to oust Teresa Sullivan as president (an effort that briefly appeared to succeed). Many critics of the board's handling of the situation last year hoped legislators would block the re-appointment of Dragas. While some lawmakers opposed the move, the final vote to confirm -- 63 to 33 -- wasn't close.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories