The University of Wyoming's Board of Trustees on Thursday gave Interim President Richard McGinity the job on a permanent basis, seemingly bypassing a university bylaw requiring consultation with a faculty committee, the Casper Star-Tribune reported. McGinity has served as interim president -- effectively, by all accounts -- since the sudden resignation of Robert Sternberg after a truncated and controversial presidency. Some of the trustees -- who approved McGinity's appointment by a 9-to-3 vote -- said they believed the need for institutional stability outweighed the requirement for consultation.
- How is a new president supposed to clean house?
- New presidents or provosts: Adams Casper Lindenwood Miami OKCC Oregon RISD Ripon WOU
- New presidents provosts Anoka CMU John Tyler Lourdes UNT-Dallas Winthrop Wyoming
- Essay on lessons to be learned by a very short presidency at U. of Wyoming
- Clarification or Power Grab?
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories